Saturday, August 15, 2009

A CRUISING SUMMER--2009

Okay, I've been away from my blog for awhile! Gone, but not forgotten.

Whisper & I left Lake Union on June 1st to cruise for 3 months. June was for the south Sound; July was Race Week (adult summer camp) in Oak Harbor from the 12th to the 17th. On Thursday night Alan & Wendy Vogt showed up aboard Blue Fin on their way to the San Juans. We left with them Friday morning to run the ebb tide through Deception Pass. We spent the night at Spencer Spit crabbing as we could.
After 2 weeks with them and other SSYC club boats in both the San Juan & Canadian Gulf Islands, I returned to Seattle. That was a sail motor of 11.5 hours from Spencer Spit through Deception Pass to Shilshole Bay. The occasion was my mother's 94th birthday.

Joining Gail Kalbrener & Dalliance in Poulsbo for the Lats & Atts festivities, we left there on Sunday for our annual buddy boating adventure in the San Juans.
Whisper & I are currently in Friday Harbor. We will overnight in Parks Bay on Shaw Island, leaving with the tide in the morning for Bedwell Harbour (Canadian Customs) enroute to Wallace Island and Conover Cove for Monday night. Tuesday we will cross the Strait of Georgia on our way to a week in Desolation Sound. Alan said the water in Prideaux Haven was 85-90 degrees when they were there in July.

Since internet connections are spotty in Desolation Sound, I thought I had better get this posted.

Fair winds!

No comments: