Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer in the San Juan Islands 2012

Most people do not head south out of Shilshole Bay when navigating for the San Juan Islands.  This year that will be my route as my 50th reunion from Wilson High School in Tacoma takes place on Saturday at the new American Heritage Car Museum.  Come Sunday morning I will catch as much of the ebb as I can running north in Colvos Passage.  Once clear of Vashon Island & Southworth, Whisper & I will lay a course for Possession Head on Whidbey Island, hoping to at least make Oak Harbor or even Hope Island State Marine Park.  This will enable us to run the ebb out of Deception Pass.  After all, there are crab waiting to be gathered at Spencer Spit on the east side of Lopez Island.
Whisper at anchor in Roche Harbor in 2011
More information to follow...

No comments: