Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The August 2007 Odyssey--San Juan & Gulf Islands Aboard Whisper

Whisper Log 5 --

THURSDAY, AUGUST 23RD—
The days are counting down. I have already written in my journal this morning and I won’t repeat it here. Where I left off was my leaving Whisper to hang the new SSYC/Whisper sign in the Wallace Island cabin at Conover Cove.

While this photo is from last week, it does show the exterior of the cabin with the only remaining Wallace Island virgins who just happened to be walking by. Notice the walking stick in the tall one’s hand, or could that be a suitor beater?

So the sign is finished and it has found a home in the right hand side of the cabin right below Morning Dew and on the flip side of Blue Fin.

As I write this Whisper rides at anchor in Montague Harbour. There really isn’t very much here and I debated (an easy argument with no one to take the other side) whether to continue on to Plumper Sound for the night. The Hummingbird Bus won out so I will stay here for the bus ride and hope that they have WIFI there.


The current chart says that I will leave here promptly in the morning to catch a strong ebb in the Strait of Georgia which I will run down to President’s Channel on the west side of Orcas. I will clear U.S. Customs in Friday Harbor and take my reserved slip for the night.
This image is sunset in Montague Harbour.

The crabbing for the Gulf Islands is over for this trip since I have four in the refer. Jane, Anita & I will try Saturday in Deer Harbor.

Seafaringly your skipper,
Joe Grande
joe_grande@msn.com

No comments: